Some dental procedures require a very specific set of dental skills and fall into a branch of dentistry called oral surgery.
Oral surgery treats a wide range of diseases and conditions, including:
- Tooth loss
- Wisdom teeth extraction
- Dental implants
- Temporomandibular joint disorders (TMJ)
- Unequal jaw growth (malocclusion)
- Jaw/mouth/teeth injury
- Cleft lip and cleft palate repair
- Extraction of teeth
- Treatment of endodontal diseases
- Esthetic aspects of the oral and maxillofacial regions
- Adjunctive treatments
Your comfort comes first
Your Brush Dental practice will work to ensure your comfort during your oral surgery procedure, including the use of numbing agents. Sedation may also be available.
Talk with your oral surgeon about pain management options for your upcoming oral surgery. As with any dental procedure, tell your dentist or oral surgeon if you are feeling any pain during your procedure so it can be relieved.